Whole Wheat spaghetti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alx26

Cook
baking a chicken thigh. want to cook some spaghetti, need to make something simple.

Don't have any fresh herbs

have garlic some seasoning thyme, rosemary basi oregano. some tomatoes cucombers mayo

basically a lot of basic stuff you can find around the house

cheshire cheese

need some simple ideas to spice it up.

Just make aglio e olio for your pasta. Heat minced, fresh garlic and red pepper flakes in olive oil, pour over the pasta....yum!

OK - get outta' my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was going to suggest heating up chili flakes in oil. Makes a great pasta toss!!!!

Even though it's too late. I would have tossed the cooked spaghetti with the herbs, tomato and olive oil (and some red pepper flakes), baked the chicken thighs (breaded if you have seasoned breadcrumbs--or make your own). Then, slice the chicken thighs (or leave them whole) and serve a top the pasta.

I'm not sure what Cheshire cheese tastes like... If it's not too strong/sharp a flavor, shred or slice the cheese and top the pasta with that, then add the chicken.

You could make a nice cucumber salad covering cucumber slices with equal parts of water (1/2 cup), cider vinegar (1/2 cup) and depending on how many cucumbers you have/had, 1 Tbsp of sugar (that recipe is for 3 regular-sized cucumbers). They should marinate over night, but still would be good if it's the last minute.

That is what I would have done.

If that cheese is too strong.. you could have served that before hand with some nice bread.

If you didn't want the tomatoes in your pasta..... you could also have had a creamy cucumber-tomato salad by adding the mayo (sparingly, mixed with some garlic and a little lemon juice--or just a tiny splash of vinegar) and italian seasoning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom