2018 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
007.JPG

008.JPG

I made that as well, last Summer, and we really did not care for it. :ermm:
Joey, how did yours come out?

It was OK, but I think I'll change some things if I make it again,

Really?
What would you change?
I personally did not care for the texture of the bread itself.
How do you say? The crumb was too open? Dry, crumbly,
not at all how I imagined it would taste.

Oh, and thank you btw, you reminded me that I still had the rest
of that jar of Sun Dried Tomatoes in the `fridge ... gave `em to the neighbor.

I've never liked apple desserts that have a crispy/crunchy topping. The idea of dry oatmeal on top of a dessert just didn't make it for me.

As a result, when my sister shared he apple squares recipe with me, I was all set. Not only was it super easy to make and super delicious, there was no oatmeal in sight.

I had experimented to "make it better" by trying different types of apples and nuts but keep coming back to the original.

Attachments

• IMG_2290.jpg
    IMG_2290.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 124
WOW!
S&P, Andy

emoticons_applause.gif

Very nice work!

I sold my first privately commissioned cake and threw in Triple Chocolate Cake

007.jpg
Half sized Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing for the birthday boy

006.jpg
Half sized Triple Chocolate Cake, well, y'know actually it's a Quadruple Choco cake... MMM! Chocolate Sour Cream Cake filled with Dark Chocolate Chips and Pudding, finally topped with Dark Chocolate Ganache and chopped Pecans and shredded Coconut.

The Missus New Neighbor bought the Carrot Cake for her husband's birthday cake and she had told me that the family was coming into town to celebrate with them... I was making the chocolate cake anyways :chef:

WOW!
S&P, Andy

View attachment 29869

Very nice work!

I sold my first privately commissioned cake and threw in Triple Chocolate Cake

View attachment 29870
Half sized Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing for the birthday boy

View attachment 29871
Half sized Triple Chocolate Cake, well, y'know actually it's a Quadruple Choco cake... MMM! Chocolate Sour Cream Cake filled with Dark Chocolate Chips and Pudding, finally topped with Dark Chocolate Ganache and chopped Pecans and shredded Coconut.

The Missus New Neighbor bought the Carrot Cake for her husband's birthday cake and she had told me that the family was coming into town to celebrate with them... I was making the chocolate cake anyways :chef:

The gal who commissioned my Carrot Cake posted a photo of the cut open product (so glad!)

carrot cakes.jpg

I'm never sure if I have the icing/frosting thick enough :ermm:
I use a toothpick to try to gauge the thickness, but, y'neva know

Ooh, thank you so much PF!!
The jam wasn't too tart?
That was my first try at Berry Jams AND sugar free... The recipe that I found called for fresh Lemon juice or it wouldn't set right.

Sorry, can't help with the "too tart" question...I eat lemons, the tarter the better. I just know the jams are great, especially on french toast.

That is a cute bug cake, CakePoet, in a creepy sort of way. :LOL:

I'm waiting for a loaf of oatmeal bread to be done baking, but I can show you the jumbo muffins I made earlier today. Unlike my from-scratch bread, these were from a box mix. Doctored them up with lots of walnuts.

Attachments

• 20180502_161730.jpg
    20180502_161730.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 137

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom