2024 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just took this mini cheesecake out of the oven.

mini_cheesecake_040524_1_IMG_2538.jpg

One of the guys at mr bliss's work at the bee place has tasted our black bean brownies and requested them, so I'm making a double batch in a 1/2 sheet pan. Half is black bean brownies, half is red bean brownies, both with chocolate chips and raisins. They are almost identical, you couldn't really tell the difference.

About 3 days ago I started some rye bread, this time adding a cup of mashed potatoes to 1½ c rye flour, 1 c water, 1 tb caraway, and 1 tb yeast, and let it ferment, this time for the full 3 days. Today I continued with it, and ended up with a slightly larger loaf, in addition to the 2 lb loaf, due to the mashed potatoes. I figured this last "cool" day would be the best day to bake more bread, given the heat that is forecast.
33 and 43 oz loaves of potato rye bread, ready to bake. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Baked potato rye bread, started 3 days earlier. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

A loaf cake, made with an "all in one" mixture, with chopped apples, raisins and ground almonds)

Attachments

• IMG_20240525_125240.jpg
    IMG_20240525_125240.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20240525_114311.jpg
    IMG_20240525_114311.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 11
Awhile ago I posted about my attempt at sour cram lemon muffins. I agreed to post a recipe when we were done experimenting with the recipe. We are done.

Sour Cream Lemon Muffins

390 Gr Flour (3 C)
300 Gr Sugar (1½ C)
½ tsp Salt
1 Tb Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
3 Ea Eggs
1½ C Sour Cream
2 Ea Lemon Zest
¼ C Lemon Juice
1 tsp Lemon Extract
1 C Butter, melted
TT Sugar Crystals

Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Butter ten cups in 2 large muffin tins.

Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

Combine the remaining ingredients, except for the melted butter, in a separate bowl.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
Stir in the melted butter.

Divide the batter evenly among the muffin tins to make 10 muffins.
Sprinkle with sugar crystals.

Bake to an internal temperature in the center of the muffins between 200ºF and 205ºF. About 23-25 minutes.

Cool the muffins in the tins for 15 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.

Photo - 1.jpeg

I've also posted this in its own thread in the Breads Forum.

Last edited:
A couple of days ago I started a batch of bread, and since I didn't have any rye flour (I have since ground some), I made a sponge with some barley flour I had in the pantry, which gave it a good flavor. I used 1 1/4 c barley flour, 1 c water, 2 tsp yeast, and a tb of caraway seeds for the sponge, and let them sit for 2 days. Today, I added 2 c rye flour, and about 2¼ c buttermilk (drained the container), 3 oz blackstrap molasses, 2 oz oil, a tb of salt, 1/4 c of gluten, and eventually about 5½ c WW flour. Ended up with 32 oz loaf, plus a 41½ oz loaf, so I used that large terra cotta pan, in addition to the 2 lb loaf. Baked them 45 min @300° in convection, leaving the larger one in a few min longer.
Mostly whole wheat bread, with 2 c rye flour, and 1 1/4 c barley flour, to make the 2 day sponge. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Two slices of that barley, rye, and WW bread, to make a sandwich with. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

@pepperhead212 that looks like a great loaf for sandwiches! Yum.

I made a double batch of black bean brownies in a half-sheet pan, with mini m&m's (gasp!). Froze up packages with 10 brownies in each package, the rest we're eating.

I got my June edition of Sainsbury Magazine today and among other interesting recipes was this one for Bosworth Jumble Biscuits (cookies). I've never heard of them, but apparently they go way back to the middle ages and were brought to Britain by the returning Crusaders! (The name, however, apparently alludes to the fact that the "King in the Car Park" Richard III was very partial to them. Anyway, they look interesting and simple, so I am definitely going to make them this weekend.

Bosworth Jumbles.jpg

(The name, however, apparently alludes to the fact that the "King in the Car Park" Richard III was very partial to them. Anyway, they look interesting and simple, so I am definitely going to make them this weekend.
Yes, they look interesting - let us know how it turns out. Easy? tasty?

King in the Car Park... Your history stamp forever! LOL

Yes, they look interesting - let us know how it turns out. Easy? tasty?

King in the Car Park... Your history stamp forever! LOL
Will do! Looking at the recipe the hardest part will be achieving the s shape. But we will see - I will post pics - regardless of how terrible they look!

Yup! Only in Britain... LOL

I really want to bake something but it’s to hot.

I may make some dough and portion it out and freeze.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom