What Did Santa Bring You ~ 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is what we did, although our destination is New Orleans instead of Paris. I would love to go to Paris with DH :wub: but my health won't allow that kind of travel.

If you are going to NOLA, be sure to stop in at Red Gravy. Vera Blue (Roseann), who used to be a member here (and other places) opened an Italian restaurant in New Orleans about 10 years ago. During the pandemic, she moved it from the Central Business District to Magazine St. I've eaten there a few times and it's outstanding! She gets extremely high ratings both in the local press and on sites like TripAdvisor. The brunch is always rated one of the best in NOLA.

If you go, tell her I said 'Hi'.

If you are going to NOLA, be sure to stop in at Red Gravy. Vera Blue (Roseann), who used to be a member here (and other places) opened an Italian restaurant in New Orleans about 10 years ago. During the pandemic, she moved it from the Central Business District to Magazine St. I've eaten there a few times and it's outstanding! She gets extremely high ratings both in the local press and on sites like TripAdvisor. The brunch is always rated one of the best in NOLA.

If you go, tell her I said 'Hi'.
Thanks for the suggestion! I remember her - she was a lot of fun. I'm glad to hear that her restaurant is still doing well.

Just returned Sunh ill Oregon, where we spent Christmas with my DDIL's parents, siblings, and their children. It was a lot of fun for everyone. For gifts, I gave my DIL, and son my three custom built fly rods, that I made, complete with quality reels, fly line. backing, the works. I received a whole Christmas stocking full of new fly tying materials, some very nice, and useful clothes, and an Anova Sous Vide kit, complete with water tank. I didn't have my laptop with me, and so couldn't respond to the threads, as I don't have the password to put into my cell phone app for DC.

I'm looking forward to trying out the new Anova machine. I'm thinking a chuck roast, or maybe beef brisket for my first foray into sous vide, or maybe a roulade made from round steak, and stuffed with savory bread dressing.

It's god to be back home again.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Just returned Sunh ill Oregon, where we spent Christmas with my DDIL's parents, siblings, and their children. It was a lot of fun for everyone. For gifts, I gave my DIL, and son my three custom built fly rods, that I made, complete with quality reels, fly line. backing, the works. I received a whole Christmas stocking full of new fly tying materials, some very nice, and useful clothes, and an Anova Sous Vide kit, complete with water tank. I didn't have my laptop with me, and so couldn't respond to the threads, as I don't have the password to put into my cell phone app for DC.

I'm looking forward to trying out the new Anova machine. I'm thinking a chuck roast, or maybe beef brisket for my first foray into sous vide, or maybe a roulade made from round steak, and stuffed with savory bread dressing.

It's god to be back home again.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I'm not sure where that is in Oregon, but you likely came near to where we live. Bet you saw lots of snow coming and going!

Chief, check out the Anova site online or put the app on your phone & check out recipes that way.

Here are a few of my favorites:

SV Garlic & Rosemary Mashed Potatoes (Heavenly, with orwithout the Rosemary)
SV BBQ Ribs -I prefer doing them 24 hours at 155 degrees
SV BBQ Pork Shoulder for pulled pork (Serve with Rice & Hawaiian Mac Salad!)
SV Pork Chops!! I like them cooked 1-1/2 hours at 140 degrees
SV Chicken Caprese (no finishing needed)
Nothing beats a Ribeye steak, but finish on the BBQ grill
Believe it or not - Corn on the Cob!!
Oh, and Butter-Poached Potatoes

My biggest problem with the SV is wanting to have two of them! Meat and veggies cook at different temps and it can be tricky trying to do both, and have both hot for the table, at the same time.

Have fun!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom