What's your weather right now? 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's blech outside right now. (Blech is a proper meteorological term, right?) Earlier today, though, around 9:00 AM, there was a clap of thunder that was so loud I heard it easily even though I wear earplugs. Even more, it was so strong I though a wrecking ball had hit the house! I swear what woke me up was me being lifted off the bed. :ohmy: Himself said that there were strong thunder claps practically every hour on the hour from 8 to 11. I guess I was too tired to notice all but the loudest. Slept through all but 9:00 AM. Just now on the news, one station's weather forecaster said that our town had a lightning strike on Main Street, just about one air mile from our house. Apparently it struck a tree that then dropped across the street. :ermm: Hmm, maybe that's the big BOOM that I felt. :LOL:

Noticed that the power burped off-then-on sometime during the night. There was no perceived loss of time on the old dial clock; only the microwave oven and stove lost their display.

I like that term, blech! :LOL: Today was sort of that way all day - wet when I first got up, and several times throughout the day, but not enough to register on the rain guage. Finally, a little before 5 PM the sun came out, but just enough to dry things up a little, now it's overcast again. I went out and did a few things, and at least it hasn't been as warm as they said it would be - only up to 77°, and dropping again. But that humidity is disgusting, and hopefully this is the end of it.

Right now I'm hearing thunder for the first time, though radar shows it has been very spotty in the area.

Last edited:
Had a couple frosty nights, about two weeks later than usual, and the cottonwoods along the river are lighting up.

9tVA3Oq.jpg

Low clouds and a gentle rain at the moment. Looks like we won't get any major fires this season.

Last edited:
Windy (time for me to complain about the wind) and chilly, they are forecasting snow, but since I live in the "Banana Belt" of Wyoming, I'm not holding my breath.

A roaring wind stole most of leafy gold from the cottonwoods and aspens. Today started with low clouds and fog, then cooled to a misty drizzle, then snow. A few inches by morning. First of the season.

I guess you guys don't want to know that it was low 70s and sunny today. Pretty much the way the rest of the week should be until the front moves in sometime Saturday.

I wish I could bundle weather like this up and save it until February...

Hmm, banana belt, huh? Some friends of ours moved to the "Banana Belt" of Idaho a couple of years back. We sent them a Snow Joe for Christmas so the deck could be cleared easily.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QBR23QR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I do have a Snow Joe, only good for light snow. When we do get snow we get clobbered.

Goshen County is usually ten degrees warmer than the rest of the state and our snow comes in horizontally.

I guess you guys don't want to know that it was low 70s and sunny today. Pretty much the way the rest of the week should be until the front moves in sometime Saturday.

I wish I could bundle weather like this up and save it until February...

Pretty much the same here, except we are a day or two behind.

I do have a Snow Joe, only good for light snow.

We have a dirt access road to clear, so I got the biggest one and an extra set of batteries. Tired of fighting with the old orange beast, which can be tough to start at -20°F.

11aJyon.jpg

Might get the chance to try it tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Still too dark to see if we got snow, but the SnowJoe is on the charger. Prolly just use my witches broom to clean the walk and car if needed. Lucky, I have a neighbor with an ATV and he cleans the sidewalk around the whole block. The wind has howled all night and is still going.

Still too dark to see if we got snow, but the SnowJoe is on the charger. Prolly just use my witches broom to clean the walk and car if needed. Lucky, I have a neighbor with an ATV and he cleans the sidewalk around the whole block. The wind has howled all night and is still going.

If you can't find the broom, I'll loan you mine! ;)

smileys-witches-226555.gif

I love Halloween! I've got the house all decked out!

Here, on the Island of Montreal, it's currently 18°C (64°F) with light rain showers. Who knows what we'll get with the "backwards weather" because the jet stream is doing something unusual due to high pressure over Europe in something called an "omega high". Basically, the prevailing West to East winds won't be able to do their thing and will get pushed "backwards".

If you can't find the broom, I'll loan you mine! ;)

smileys-witches-226555.gif

I love Halloween! I've got the house all decked out!

LOL!! It did snow. three inches of snow on top of slush on top of ice. Would have slid to work but it's uphill. Ended up using the broom, the SnowJoe does not like slush. Roads were dry for the ride home and it's 41F out.

Last night it got down to 49°, but it's already down to 47°, dropping maybe a couple more overnight. This will probably be the first night my heater goes on. :( Tomorrow I'll be trimming my curry tree severely, and taking the extra to my Indian market - he is going to be shocked. Those things really don't like it much below 50°, so I have to make it so I can bring it into my back porch, and eventually, in for the season. But back in the 70s in a few days!

Last edited:
We heat with electric baseboards on thermostats. We often forget to turn them off in Spring. Since we set the air conditioning thermostat to warmer than the heat, this doesn't cause a problem. Then, when it starts to get cold in fall, they come on by themselves. The heat in one bedroom came on one night, but the rest hasn't come on yet.

Back
Top Bottom