What's your weather right now? 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I bit the bullet, because a tornado passed by my town, doing damage in the south, and later in the north, and warnings are still up in Burlington, 2 counties north, and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. I'm up to 2.4" of rain, with more to come, but the worst part is over.

Sending positive vibes for everyone to stay safe.

Are you in Ida's "fallout zone" too? Stay safe in any case.

Yes we were. Thank you. We are still in a Flood watch till tomorrow night (9/3/2021) because the rivers in this area (and most of the east side of the state) are overflowing. My area is also surrounded by many creeks, all overflowing.

I tried to take DD to work, but couldn't get down the street. People are wading through the water up to just below their knees.

Well, the sun is out! Glad to see that it isn't raining. Rain started up late on Tuesday. The sky finally ran out of water around 4:00 AM or so today. By the time it was all done, we had gotten 5.15 inches of rain in less than 36 hours. Outside. Himself manned the shop vac in the basement and counted how many times he dumped the 5-gallon container. He figured he sucked up 200 gallons off the floor! Meanwhile, I went into the garage to toss some stuff into the recycling bin and saw measurable water on the garage floor! We have never had water in the garage ever, but we did with this storm. It was coming from under the side "man door", the uphill side of the house. The water was pouring down from our neighbor's lot, rushing between the houses, and leaking in. I opened the overhead garage door an inch or two and the water immediately flowed out. The water was flowing so swiftly that it knocked over the 33-gallon trash can and carried it down to the curb!

All we said when we were headed to bed around 6AM today was "at least we aren't New Orleans...or Tennessee". We were safe and still standing.

Oh, my gosh guys!! Is the storm past you now? Sounds horrific!
Yes, the storm is over, but floods will take a while to recede. We didn't lose power, but the mall where my DD worked a few months ago is flooded and no power in the mall either. The end of our street is still flooded. I haven't seen this much water here since Sandy.

Thanks for the update, msmofet! Gotta assume CG is getting a much needed nap?

The one time we had flooding in our yard, down in So Cal, there was at least 4 inches and it was rising fast...so I called hubby and told him what was happening. He poo-pooed my worries...but our house was a slab built house. Another inch or so and water would be coming into the house! That was scary, but nothing like what you guys have got!!!

I'm gobsmacked - we have no standing water in our yard. While the garage floor has dried, it's going to take a couple of days before the basement floor is all the same shade of grey. I'm praying for a dry September.

...Gotta assume CG is getting a much needed nap?..
Nope, I'm *yawn* up. Himself is still in bed, though. My head hit the pillow around 6:30 AM, got up at 2. We are extreme night owls, but that was excessively late even for us.

<<I'm gobsmacked - we have no standing water in our yard. While the garage floor has dried, it's going to take a couple of days before the basement floor is all the same shade of grey. I'm praying for a dry September.>>

Glad you had nothing major...and all you seemed to have lost is a bit of sleep? Here's to a dry September for you...and a bit more rain on this side of the U.S.!

Hub has a very small car, so he needed a ride to work last night. The highway was still flooded. Left and right lanes blocked off due to stranded cars. The side streets have stranded cars all over the place. I hope the flooding went down, and the cars are off the roads. We still have a flood warning because the rivers and drainage can't handle all the water and are still overflowing.

9-3-2021-jpg.44523

flood-jpg.44524

Thinking of all of you!

I have never had to go thru that type of weather and can't even imagine how tired and anxious you all are for it to be over.

Rousting out some of the larger dragonettes to sizzle some moisture out for you.

Take care!

Monsoon season there, in Sri Lanka?

I got up early this morning, to do something, and it was raining, so I went back to bed! 2 hours later it had stopped, and already the rain stopped, but it's warmer than it was the last few days. Low 80s, but lower humidity.

We just had an impressive downpour with lightning and impressive thunder. For a minute or so, it sounded like small hail, but by the time I got to the window it was gone, if it was ever there. But, it sure was raining hard. This lasted about a half an hour and now it has stopped, but we might get more later.

Monsoon season there, in Sri Lanka?

I got up early this morning, to do something, and it was raining, so I went back to bed! 2 hours later it had stopped, and already the rain stopped, but it's warmer than it was the last few days. Low 80s, but lower humidity.
Yeah south-west monsoon but usually other areas also experience it lightly. For my area, which is the hill country, we get more rain. Last few weeks it rained at least 4 days a week. Heavy rain.

Further up towards Nuwara Eliya it rains more. Nuwara Eliya is the coldest area in Sri Lanka.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom