What's your weather right now? 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
99F and hot, no breeze. Seems like 110F
Swamp cooler keeping the house comfortable drawing only 7 AMPs.

Not particularly hot for today - high of 84/29 - but humid humid and solid rain. Sticky gicky. So although I don't want the A/C on, the humidity is drowning.

We got up to 93 or 95 yesterday. Heat index 106, I believe. Right now it's 79 outside and feels 79. Stay as cool as possible today. We're staying inside as much as possible.

Not particularly hot for today - high of 84/29 - but humid humid and solid rain. Sticky gicky. So although I don't want the A/C on, the humidity is drowning.

Can you turn on just dehumidify on your A/C? We frequently do that and it is often enough to make the house pleasant.

nope, that was the first thing I asked my son.

It's a shame, I could on the Lennox I had at the farm. I used that more than the A/C.

I SO DISLIKE having to have the windows closed in the summer! Bad enough we have to go all winter with them closed too.

This last week has been slightly cooler, but disgustingly humid - dew points in mid 70s - with no breeze, so everything would be wet well into the afternoon.

No rain at all here, from those remnants of Fred, that came through yesterday and this morning - it all went west of the river, until it got quite a bit N of us, with some rainfall totals over 5", and one tornado reported! I saw lighting late last night, while going to sleep, but it was in the distance.

This morning it was very windy, which at least makes this disgustingly humid weather more bearable. Close to 90° again later on, but the wind is supposed to hang around, which I like.

62F...Heaven and it rained most of the night. Hoping for more today and tonight. Blessed relief from the heat!

We are having higher than annual average temps until Monday. I'm so glad I have A/C. We have just been running it on dehumidify and that has made the house comfortable. We will probably have to switch to actual cooling later today or tomorrow.

City of Torrington Wyoming Emergency Management
Thursday, 19-AUG-2021:
Our friends at NWS-Cheyenne are still looking at some uncertainty in the expected weather for this evening, but they are thinking things could get pretty western in our area. Rainfall similar or heavier than received last night, with the possibility of hail and severe winds is possible.
If the anticipated rainfall occurs, some surface flooding could occur in Torrington on streets in low areas. If the street is flooded, don't drive into the water. It may be deeper than you think.
Is your cell phone set to receive emergency alerts? Have you registered for Code Red emergency notifications within Goshen County? These are easy things you can do to prepare for severe weather.

Currently, it is 23°C (73°) and feels like 30°C (86°). Doesn't sound so bad until you realize it's past one in the morning.

Animals kept me up most of the night. Think it was because of the wind. Still raining this morning. No idea what the temp is, just feels nice.

It's been dry around here, but I just got .35" of rain in about 12 minutes! There was .05", when I passed the gauge to go to the back porch, to check the dehydrator, and in just a couple of minutes, it was at .13", when I came in, so I went to the basement to turn off all the water to the outside (at about 5 pm, some of the timers to the drip lines start turning on, and in succession after that), and it was on .29" when I got back upstairs! It sort of stopped at .35" - just a narrow front - but more is coming!

Best wishes and positive thoughts to anyone in the line of the storm in the NE - Henri.

Hope anyone who is in the path of Henri is prepared for whatever may come - they are talking about extended days without power for some people.

I was watching the concert that Clive Davis was sponsoring on CNN last night and they had to end it early because of the rain and flash flooding - and that really wasn't from Henri. It was more from a low that was over New York and was pulling some of the moisture in from Henri.

All weather and wind warnings have been cancelled for our area. Not complaining! We came out of Henri with no standing water in the yard, and every tree still standing in place. Every time I can say that after a weather event is a good day. We didn't need flashlights, candles, or to worry about food expiring - but we will still have some of the ice cream with the cherry galette I did bake yesterday.

All weather and wind warnings have been cancelled for our area. Not complaining! We came out of Henri with no standing water in the yard, and every tree still standing in place. Every time I can say that after a weather event is a good day. We didn't need flashlights, candles, or to worry about food expiring - but we will still have some of the ice cream with the cherry galette I did bake yesterday.

Enjoy the cherry galette and ice cream - heck, celebrate a good ending!

Back
Top Bottom