What's your weather right now? 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think our furnace is set to go on automagically, but I don't remember the temperature. It came on for the first time two nights ago. The low last night was around 50F. It's supposed to get up to 77 today.

We've had a nice long Indian Summer up until now. It's been cold, overcast and rainy the past couple of days as our first real fall weather. Leaves are just now really beginning to drop. Supposed to be like this all week here where Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia all come together.

I've been busy getting the outside of the house & cars ready for winter but since the week end I've began to get back into my cooking. (and eating) :ermm:
:pig:

We're prepping for an autumn nor'easter today and early tomorrow. We could get up to another two inches of rain on top of the inch we've gotten so far since last night. It's going to be windy enough that we'll be pulling our garbage can into the garage this evening; the porch is already cleaned off since we had the house power washed yesterday. Hoping that the siding stays on, our trees stay upright, and our power stays on. 40-50 MPH winds will be...interesting. Glad we aren't on the Cape (stay safe, jenny!).

The usual. 25-27° C during the day, but all of a sudden, the heavens open and it buckets down. Now I´ve got to face 100% humidity in the morning.
Never mind - a couple of weeks and I´ll be facing 13° in Cincinnati.

State of emergency declared last night. We've been getting the nor'easter rain and wind since last night. Seems to have eased up a bit. Lots of flooding.

Both of my 20 ft. tall poplars decided to drop their leaves today. Came home in the drizzling rain to a one foot deep pile of leaves across the driveway. And it's gloriously dreary and chill.

1) Trees still standing? Check!
2) Siding still on the house? Check!
3) Basement still dry? Check!
4) Power still on? Check!

All in all, we came through the storm fine. Life is good.

I hope jennyema is OK. I know she isn't right at the tip of Cape Cod, but Provincetown recorded a high wind of 97 MPH overnight. Even now, Falmouth is reporting a 48 MPH wind - and they appear to be the only town with power, since all other Cape Cod weather stations are providing no reports.

State of emergency declared last night. We've been getting the nor'easter rain and wind since last night. Seems to have eased up a bit. Lots of flooding.
Since you've been posting today, I know you have electricity, right? Everything else OK by you? I hope you came through the storms as well as we did.

Wow! Sounds like a dream...if you were 10 years old? :ROFLMAO:

I was going to let the dog out to play in them but the 45 mph winds have them in Kansas by now.:ermm: And those aren't gusts of wind, it's been steady all day. I don't mind the cold, but that wind!!!

I was going to let the dog out to play in them but the 45 mph winds have them in Kansas by now.:ermm: And those aren't gusts of wind, it's been steady all day. I don't mind the cold, but that wind!!!

Yikes! I'm not a fan of the wind either. And, I'm with you on the cold, don't mind it & can dress for it. Rain too, rain is a good thing. But the wind! And if you get all three together....brrrrrrr.

It has been raining all day here. Not just cats & dogs, but guinea pigs, giraffes, gerbils, komodo dragons, emus and stick insects as well.
There have been fallen trees on the highway down to the city; the phone lines are dreadful; the entire garden is soaked; the rain comes down the hill so fast, it´s started lifting up the asphalt on the street. Good old tropical rain. Aarggh!

1) Trees still standing? Check!
2) Siding still on the house? Check!
3) Basement still dry? Check!
4) Power still on? Check!

All in all, we came through the storm fine. Life is good.

I hope jennyema is OK. I know she isn't right at the tip of Cape Cod, but Provincetown recorded a high wind of 97 MPH overnight. Even now, Falmouth is reporting a 48 MPH wind - and they appear to be the only town with power, since all other Cape Cod weather stations are providing no reports.
Glad to hear that you and Himself came through the storm well.

Too bad there isn't some sciency explanation?
Weather. Several meteorologists up here have commented on how this storm mimicked the one of 30 years ago, the No-Name storm, AKA The Perfect Storm.

At least we didn't end up with about 6 inches of snow and no electricity, which is what happened in 2011. Trick or Treat was delayed a week because of the aftereffects of the storm.

Back
Top Bottom