What's your weather right now? 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess, my weather in southern Ontario is rather similar to yours! Last night it was 45, this morning, 35. For me that is very warm, but it is the wind!

Yesterday was down around 18 mph, this morning only 8 mph getting up to 14 around noon. I know it doesn't seem like much but when you are surrounded by trees that are whipping all over the place and watching some pretty hefty branches litter the paths - I've been nervous about walking the dog!

and the winds are coming out of the west... :glare: harumph, thanks guys.
:LOL:

12.17.2021.JPG

Right now, it's overcast and 5°C and it feels like 0°C.

Our weather has been bizarre, especially yesterday. Our high for the day was 15°C, at 22h00 (10 PM)! That is very unusual for Montréal in December. I just searched a bit. Yesterday's high may be a tie for warmest day in December, set in 1902.

0°C = 32°F
5°C = 41°F
15°C = 59°F

Screenshot 2021-12-17 at 12-31-29 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec - Last 24 Hours - The Weather Netw.jpg

Windy, did not check the MPH, but the trees are waving all about. Little packed snowballs, not hail. And blue skies to the north. Wind is coming from the northwest. Makes my attic door slam.

Last night was my coldest so far this season, since early March - 26°. And at 10 am there was still frost all over, and still just under freezing, and staying well under average. I haven't checked my plants yet - most are resistant to low 20s, so should be ok. Temps will be rising again - 55° by Christmas!

Last night was my coldest so far this season, since early March - 26°. And at 10 am there was still frost all over, and still just under freezing, and staying well under average. I haven't checked my plants yet - most are resistant to low 20s, so should be ok. Temps will be rising again - 55° by Christmas!

I misread that as minus 26° and wondered why it was so much colder in NJ, than here in Quebec. But, when I read minus 55° at Xmas, I was shocked and then the penny dropped.

As some of you may know, our area has been devastated by serious tornadoes. As an example, here is a bank video of some of the damage. What you will see is the initial storm's attack on the bank, which is directly across the street from the courthouse.

Look here for the attack on the bank: https://www.nbc12.com/video/2021/12/20/caught-camera-tornado-hits-bank-branch-mayfield-kentucky/.

Everything has been squashed.

You can look here at what everyone is dealing with: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tornado damage in Mayfield, ky&&FORM=VDVVXX

Our community will be ever the same again!

Oh, Katie, I didn't realize you and Glenn live near Mayfield! I'm so sorry for your town, and the others affected by these storms. Take care of yourself and your family. Hugs.

Got a Weather Warning today... for southern Ontario

from Thu 23, 6:18 AM EST to Thu 23, 10:18 PM EST
weather advisory in effect

Winter weather travel advisory in effect for late this afternoon through tonight.

Total snowfall accumulations of 2 to 6 cm can be expected by the time the snow tapers off overnight. Snowfall rates are expected to be at their highest this evening and may cause impacts to the evening commute.

Now, this is a picture from quite awhile ago, but in Quebec this is what you could expect when you had a weather warning.

Attachments

• afterthestorm022.jpg
    afterthestorm022.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 30
Our weather if pretty typical for us. Overcast, showers...they are saying we will have snow. The governor and the mayor, across the river from us have declared a "State of Emergency"! It doesn't seem like it warrants it, but if people are going to parties and getting on the highways, maybe?

WYZ101-106>108-116-051200- /O.CON.KCYS.WS.W.0001.220105T1300Z-220106T1800Z/ Converse County Lower Elevations- Central Laramie Range and Southwest Platte County- East Platte County-Goshen County-South Laramie Range- Including the cities of Douglas, Glenrock, Bill, Deer Creek, Bordeaux, Wheatland, Guernsey, Torrington, Buford, Pumpkin Vine, and Vedauwoo 905 PM MST Tue Jan 4 2022 ...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM WEDNESDAY TO 11 AM MST THURSDAY... * WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches. Localized band greater than 8 inches possible. Winds gusting as high as 45 mph. * WHERE...Southeast Wyoming including the cities of Cheyenne, Wheatland, Douglas and Torrington. This includes Interstate 25 between Cheyenne and Douglas and Interstate 80 between Laramie and Pine Bluffs. * WHEN...From 6 AM Wednesday to 11 AM MST Thursday. * IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. Patchy blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning and evening commute. The dangerously cold wind chills as low as 30 below zero could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1. &&

Princess - Don't forget the life saving candle and matches along with your flashlight, blanket, water and chocolate bar - please note - chocolate bar to be eaten in emergencies ONLY.

take care

Princess - Don't forget the life saving candle and matches along with your flashlight, blanket, water and chocolate bar - please note - chocolate bar to be eaten in emergencies ONLY.

take care

LOL! Emergency kit is packed and ready. Luckily I only have 10 miles to go. I can hear the snowplows arriving and setting up. Thanks!

LOL! Emergency kit is packed and ready. Luckily I only have 10 miles to go. I can hear the snowplows arriving and setting up. Thanks!
Glad to hear that the snowplows are getting going. You might want to take a little more than a chocolate bar, though. Thousands of people spent Monday night on the highway between Richmond, VA, and Washington, DC, because of a snowstorm and several crashes. If you need medicine, take extra. Be safe [emoji171]

Back
Top Bottom