What's your weather right now? 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually I should expect more hazardous conditions where I am now. Waterdown is between Hamilton (snow belt) and Toronto (rain and fog). So although I don't have to go out in the car unless by choice - the poor dog is wanting to get out so... I guess I have to still find my shoe cleats.. :(

Temperatures have been hovering just above and below the freezing point, yech! Either be warm (above!) or be cold (below) but don't bounce between the two!

We all have Yaktrax shoe cleats, and they are a lifesaver on my driveway. It's 150' long, and goes downhill on a 15' vertical to the street.

I've unintentionally ridden the garbage cans down the icy driveway more than once when trying to put out the trash. But the cleats work great. No belly flopping on top of the garbage can when you realize there's no way to stop on a descending sheet of ice.

Last edited:
When I first moved to the farm, more than 20 years ago, my first thought was come winter that driveway is going to be hell.

Although the driveway was much longer than yours bucky, only the last 25/30' was the same slope. It was also between two hills, a curve and a barn. In other words, a very hidden entrance, with quarry trucks passing by on a regular basis.

Saved the ashes from the fireplace, mixed it with sand. So although tracked in the house by cats and dogs who were unable to remove thieir boots, I figured it was a life saver!

There were two other things that prevented any accidents, the slope faced west and on sunny days was cleared (mostly) and secondly - the plows going by dumped enough snow at the end to guarantee stoppage. Of course, that could lead to dented bumpers but I digress...

AIN'T WINTER JUST GRAND!!

Actually snowing here this morning. Doubt it will be a lot but, just enough so that we got our errands done yesterday.

Staying inside this weekend.

A good time to make chili beans. :yum:

Ross

1.15.2022.jpg

Looks like it got down to 14° overnight, and was still 16° after 9 am, so this is the coldest night this season, though tonight is supposed to be colder. Wind is not pleasant, so I'm not going anywhere! Yesterday was close to 50°, and Thursday did hit 50°, and I noticed that the parsley outside still looked fine!

Went to the kunheated storage for some things. -20 c = 0 f. today and tomorrow. Supposed to go back up on Mon, I hope.

My arthritic hands even with gloves are frozen and aching. Typing corrections eve other word 'cause thse fingers just ain't moving!

Went to the kunheated storage for some things. -20 c = 0 f. today and tomorrow. Supposed to go back up on Mon, I hope.

My arthritic hands even with gloves are frozen and aching. Typing corrections eve other word 'cause thse fingers just ain't moving!

DH was recently diagnosed with Reynaud's. He has a battery-operated hand warmer but frequently uses https://hothands.com/ - I carry a pair of mittens in my purse that are helpful too. He can put a bag of "hothands" in the mitten for shopping and such. He is the official cart pusher at the market and the metal grip tends to bring on a bought of Reynaud's, so even just the mittens by themselves are helpful. I got him a pair that are lined with "Thinsulate". Much warmer than just a single layer of knit. Works for him! Not sure how much benefit it would be for you, but might be worth a try?

Thanks Ginny, I appreciate! I do have lots of winter mitts and gloves plus those warmers for in gloves and boots but... in storage! LOL. All essential equipment back on the farm and riding.

Went for a good walk yesterday and didn't realize that this morning the temp had dropped like that. Had rubberized gloves with me for moving junk in storage but they were not winter ones. My bad.

We are having January-in-Quebec weather. It's currently -21°C (-6°F) and feels like °-30C (-22°F). It's supposed to go all the way up to -19°C (-2°F) today.

Similar tomorrow. Snow dump of 20-25cm (8-12 in.) on Monday, with a high of -4°C (25°F), then back down to brass monkey temps.

Screenshot 2022-01-15 at 11-57-47 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weath.jpg

I hear yuh taxy. That's why I got caught with the cold today. Was not prepared for Quebec weather in southern Ontario.

Gads - I must be getting climatized!

LOL. stay warm!

Ya got me beat, taxy. It's all of 2° F here up on my mountain. A balmy 11° F in the city.

So of course my wife asked me to grill some chicken thighs for satay to go with the Thai cuke salad that I made earlier.

This morning was 43F and coming home it was 53F, all you who stole our winter weather, please send it back.

Princess, I'd be glad to exchange. Can't believe I've become happy with this weird weather here.

Hey Bucky - we have gone up to 7 F ((-14 c). Balmy compared to earlier today. Tomorrow we will have a heat wave of 25 F. :rolleyes:

Princess, I'd be glad to exchange. Can't believe I've become happy with this weird weather here.

Hey Bucky - we have gone up to 7 F ((-14 c). Balmy compared to earlier today. Tomorrow we will have a heat wave of 25 F. :rolleyes:

Woohoo! Break out the thong and flip-flops.

Hubba hubba!
Is that member photos section still a thing?

Hey, speaking of all thongs, er, things photographic, has. Tattrat been around?

It's just starting to snow here, after getting up to 31°. Eventually it's supposed to turn to rain, and melt everything - I'm lucky here, compared to many of you.

It was pretty cold overnight - got down to 28F or so. It started raining around 11 am, and has gotten heavier and warmer as the day goes on. It's about 55F now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom