What's your weather right now? 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are at the start of a heat wave here on the Island of Montreal, QC. It's currently 29°C (84°F) and feels like 39°C (102°F). Today's high was 30°C and felt like 40° (104°F). My bum, it feels like 104°F. I have felt 104°F in a dry climate. This stuff we have makes it feel like you are breathing soup and you are all sticky with sweat. You can cool off in an air conditioned space, but when you go back outside, it's as if you hadn't cooled off at all. That's not what it's like in dry weather.

It was overcast, with intermittent rain today, so it only got up to 81F. We haven't hit 100F -- yet. We've also had pretty good rain, so far for 2021.

Of course, with the rain, has come mosquitos like I have never seen before in North Texas.

CD

...This stuff we have makes it feel like you are breathing soup and you are all sticky with sweat...

We call that "air you can wear" taxy! And that's pretty much what we had today. High of 90 and hoooooomid. Thankfully the air conditioning is humming along, so we'll hide inside. Not looking forward to venturing out for my dental appointment tomorrow - expected highs are in the middle 90s. Whew!

It’s just sticky enough here that swamp coolers stop working and ya have to turn on the AC.
Cost 3X more in electricity but so worth it.
Otherwise house is an oven.
Nurse wife is a day sleeper.

When the Santa Ana winds start is when we experience blackouts.
Standby house generator at the ready.

My daughters live in Edmonton, Alberta.
Today will be 98 F,
tomorrow 100 F
and Thursday also 100 F.

Don't know what the humidex is - but not nice, of that I'm sure.

Yesterday was 90 F here, and horrid humidity.
Today still humid but only heading for 81.

So I'm not complaining.

It's hot - 94. It's humid - dew point is 76. I had to go out in it to go to the dentist. Back home in the A/C, I am now doing a living representation of Dali's "Persistent of Memory" painting.

It's coming down HARD now! I only got .16" in earlier showers during the day, but a little bit ago I could hear the rain, so I went down to the basement, to shut the valve to the two watering pipes - easier than going out and setting the timers for dalays! :LOL:. It rained over .1" in just the time I was downstairs - just 2 to 3 minutes! It has more or less stopped, and I'm only up to .43", but more coming, looking at that radar. Temp only went down 5°, and it's supposed to drop more, with the later fronts. Up N, in Bensalem PA, where a cousin of mine lives, was in a tornado warning until a short time ago, as are some areas down in DE. I'm in between these, so it's not as bad here, but still bad! Unless you're looking for rain...

Last edited:
I came out of a doc shop to an incredible hailstorm. Got soaked walking a hundred feet to the car. Then I sat and waited for it to lighten up. Gutters were overflowing and the main streets were rapids. I'd guess at least 2 inches of water, p'raps 3 in that single burst.

We were supposed to get rain this afternoon, but it stayed north of us. Maybe tomorrow. We had a lot of rain two weeks ago, but not much since.

Cold front passing over now. Will rain a bit until tomorrow morning cooling us off to the mid and upper 80 over the weekend. Back to 90s starting Monday. Typical early summer.

Next month will routinely get so hot and humid in the afternoon that the steam literally blows the lid off the atmosphere and afternoon thunderstorms will make you fear you're going to be sucked up into the clouds if you're caught outside during one.

All that's child play compared to tornados of course.

My heart goes out to folks west of the Rockies experiencing heat and fire like never before.

Yesterday had impressive weather. 31 mm (1.22") of rain, mostly in two bursts that overflowed the eaves troughs.

Currently it's 22°C (70°F), feels like 24°C (73°F). The high was 25°C (77°F), felt like 28°C (84°F). Those temperatures are a relief after our heat wave.

Last edited:
Got another quarter of an inch overnight, so it was just under 3/4" total. The temp was only 72°, but 99° humidity, so I'm not going out there any time soon! Hopefully, the humidity will go down later - only 79-80° forecast, so it's much better than a couple days ago, at 97°!

Here at Crankshaft Manor it’s hit 100F for the past week.
Higher humidity too. Forget the swamp cooler.
Heat soak in the house structure means starting the AC earlier to stay a step ahead of it as the sun rises.

Back
Top Bottom